Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Finally I succumb to the temptation of buying the Jabra FreeSpeak bluetooth handsfree set. A trip to Funan during lunch today, and I am now trying it out in my office.

It took about 2 hours for a full-charge, and setting up was a breeze on my Ericsson T610. The manual guides me through the process of setting the set ready for bluetooth pairing, and I had to go through a few steps on the T610 to get it to work.

First go to Connectivity->Bluetooth->My Devices->New Device. The T610 would detect the Jabra 250 device. After this, go to Connectivity->Bluetooth->Handsfree->My handsfree and you will see JABRA 250. Click on JABRA 250 to select it, and you are done.

Making calls and receiving calls is as documented in the manual, either by using the phone or the button on the handsfree. Sound quality is not as good as that from a corded handsfree set, I liken it listening FM radio with 0.5 MHz off the exact frequency -- lots of extra noise. However, a decent coversation can be carried out, and that's what matters. Do take note upon first use to lower the volume, as the default volume is a little too loud.

No comments: