Monday, May 01, 2006

Email to the Elections Department on graphic examples of voting

I thought it wierd that in the TV announcements this time round, there was no graphical example of what constitutes a valid vote and what constitutes an invalid vote. I wanted to be sure, since I am a first time vote. Being kiasu, I checked www.elections.gov.sg and also found only text explanation. As such, I wrote the following email to the Elections Department:
In the "How To Vote?" section of your website, under step 6, is it possible to include graphical examples of the Do's and Don'ts. In particular, images showing cases where a vote is considered valid and images showing the cases where a vote is considered invalid?
I remember from memory that the TV announcements on voting instructions used to include such examples, but I did not notice it in the current round of TV annoucements. Is it also possible to educate the public on this so as to reduce the possibility of spoilt votes?

I wonder if I will get a response??

Note: After I clicked on submit in the feedback form, I only received a javascript popup saying "Thank you", and I was returned to the same page with the feedback form. Not sure whether this means the message have been sent. I think I will wait until the end of today, if I don't get a response, maybe I can call the toll-free line.

No comments: