Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Nissan Service Center - nice!

I took delivery of my second vehicle at the end of last month, and today I sent my new Latio to the Nissan workshop in Kampong Ubi for its first 1,000km servicing.

The service center is located at the basement of the new Nissan building, with ample parking space for my to park my car properly before the servicing engineer come to inspect and collect my car for servicing. This is a stark difference from my experience going to other Nissan servicing centers previously, where I have join a car queue while waiting for the service engineer.

The engineer took my vehicle and my remarks that the brake pedals are a little squeaky, both during depressing and releasing. I was told that since I brought the vehicle in at around 11am, it would only be ready around 3 or 4 pm later in the afternoon.

Ok, that means I have a few hours to kill. A few options are available to me: 1. Take a cab and go to office. 2. Take a cab and go home, work from home. 3. Check out the Customer's Waiting Lounge and see whether I can work from there.

I took the last option, and proceeded to the 3rd level of the building. To my pleasant surprise, the environment is good and quiet. They have nice couches where one can snug up with a newspaper or a book, and also library-style tables (the kind where there is a translucent piece of plastic between two facing occupants of the table). There is a mini bar with a bevereage making machine where I make either coffee or milo for myself. The best thing about it is that when I tried to connect to the wireless network they provide for free, it works!

So here I am now, working from the comfort of the Customer Waiting Lounge, waiting for my car. The only downside is that they don't seem to have a canteen or eatery in the building, and I will have to pack up and go to the next building for my lunch. Note-to-self: next time bring the car in either early in the morning, or after lunch, so that I don't have to go out to somewhere else for my food. :)

Nice work, Nissan, I would probably continue to come here for servicing after my first 3 free servicing expire, provided the difference in servicing charges between here and the one at the petrol kiosk near my house is not too huge. (Need to check tat out)

No comments: